Pages of Euphoria
Monday, April 24, 2006
  MTV Cribs: Pyongtaek Edition












How Im livin:
Okay, let me start out by saying that I have lived in some pretty atrocious domiciles in the past. I did 5 months in a 15 by 15 by 10 dorm room in Terry Hall at UW, living with two other college kids who like me did not have organization and cleanliness very high on the priority list. We were strait up rats in a cage, rats who apparently could find the cheese very easily. After the dorms, the next chapter was written in Greek, as I lived in two different frats in as many years. The frats were insanely fun, which is why you forgot about how disgustingly dirty it was. I used the term sesspool pool as a term of endearment in referring to one of my frats. I can remember the kitchen having completely perishable food items left out in the open and inside disfunctional refrigerators for the entire summer. So considering my background, the apartment I am living in now is not too shabby at all. Its studio style, with a large room that has a refrigerator, sink, stove, bed, table, tv, and a microwave (which I just had one kicked down to me). Attached to the main room is a closet, bathroom, and windowed in balcony which unfortunately has a view of a brick wall and is pretty much devoted to the clothes washing machine. The washing machine is pretty ghetto....I seriously put clothes in and they come out with new stains on them, dont ask me how. Koreans do not believe in drying machines, maybe because of the amount of energy they require, so I have a single drying string strung across the balcony room for drying clothes. The bathroom is, shall we say, a little stripped of American luxuries I am used to...as it is basically a shower stall with a toilet in the middle of it. There is a drain in the middle of it, and its pretty comical because when I take a shower the toilet gets sprayed with my shower water. I could care less if there was a live badger in there with me, as long as I have hot water I am cool. However, you have to manually turn on a water heater to get hot water. So thats about all the details I can think of on my little cozy hole in the wall apartment. There are three teachers that live in the same building, one right across the hall from, seriously like 15 feet away from my door. Most of the teachers all live close, and from my apartment it is like an 9 minute walk to ECC (the name of the school). Everything I need is at an arms length reach away...its really nice. There are a bunch of gyms around, about 2,000 7-11 style grocery marts, two good grocery stores, a plethora of dive bars, and a major mall. So its really not that bad at all once you forget your American lifestyle and adjust to a country that is not as high on the hog. One last detail that I will share is that my apartment building painted a pretty flamboyant shade of pink. On that note, I sign off. Ciao Ciao
 




<< Home
Read up on the portion of this life which I have chosen to make accessible to you. Or if it is simpler, just give me a jingle and we can shoot the breeze. Either way, forget about the time, what productivity means or anything that might be pressing and get lost in some thought and imagination.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I come from a small town north of Seattle, WA, where I learned that rain is a magical thing because it turns things green. I have had the chance to go a few places and see a few things of which all I have are pictures, memories and stories. I am currently living and learning about Los Angeles, California, and what it means to be an Angelino.

ARCHIVES
April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / July 2009 / November 2009 / January 2010 / March 2010 / April 2011 / August 2011 / October 2011 / January 2012 /


Powered by Blogger