Pages of Euphoria
Sunday, March 04, 2007
  Welcome to the Jungle
Reasons why my life is hilarious/in shambles right now:
#1. I awoke to a wonderfully sunny morning with an empty bag of cookies in my bed, and crumbs from those cookies adorning my shirt and sheets. Awesome. A bag of cookies (with names like “chocolinas, and panchitas” on the packaging is at least a little safer and healthier than awaking to some other things in your bed. I don't need to name anything, but I enjoy lists....a lot so here it goes: head of a thoroughbred stallion, a business woman (or man for that sake), a rabid raccoon, or Oprah are just a few things. Viva America.
#2. Went to check a room in beautiful San Telmo yesterday, and briefly had my fortune read. I met Paula, a nice woman of a slightly mischievous persuasion as I stepped out of the elevator on the fourth floor. She proceeded to show me the space which was nice but not a suit for me. After showing the space, she invited me to sit and chat in mixed Spanish and English. We chatted about the normal stuff, yet our conversation took a turn towards more titillating topics when she asked me when my birthday was:

me: “uhhh, December.....porque?”
Paula: starting to giggle.... “because I am witch”
me: “Una bruja? What the hell are you talking about?” through exasperated laughter.
Puala: “no, no, I read fortunes”
me: “Ahh, okay....read my palm then.”

I showed her my left palm, and after a few seconds of searching, she let out a blood curdling shriek and tore out of the room waving her arms frantically in the air. Just kidding. I asked her if there was big money and pretty ladies in my future and she didn't know. Some kind of fortune teller. However, it was the most entertaining house visits I have made though. Pure craziness.
#3. My heart skips a beat every time I hear a noise outside my current apartment for fear that the Argentine owners will barge in and find me, little Joey the American kicking it in their property rent free, getting my krunk on to some Young Jock or David Bowie, in various degrees of clothing liberation. My roommate is out doing the travel thing for the weekend and has left me alone in charge of the place. Can you imagine the scene of the non-English speaking owners coming in to see me with my lack of clothing, eating cereal/yogurt, watching some Spanish subtitled jeopardy? Ridiculous.
#4. While I am making light of situation #3, it is serious. My most hospitable and downright trendy roommate went out on a limb to take me in for a bit, but I was well aware of the need to locate my own housing. This is what I did as of yesterday, 300 emails and 5 house checks later. I am actually set to move in like 3 hours. I am paying a little more than I wanted to, but the room is big, and has a picturesque terrace graced by shadows and sun beams through the lofty branches of an old elm tree. The interesting thing to note is that I will be sharing the rest of the house with Linda, the charming and sweet non English speaking owner of the house who is late 30ish in age. Readers of these pages, please give me some movie ideas that would involve myself interacting with Spanish Linda. I am thinking footage of me cooking with her, or playing tennis with her, or doing pilates with her would be completely priceless and worth a thousand laughs. I truly hope those dreams come to fruition. This honestly has the feel of a reality tv show, and as you can see, I still have way too much free time. Dopalicious.
This transmission must end, I must pack my shit up, and Spanish Linda must accept the fact that her life is about to be turned upside down.
 
Comments:
I am glad to hear you have found a place. Take pictures so we can share in the fun. And when you get the time, drop an email to your big sis and tell the mundane stories that have yet to make it into you blogg.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Read up on the portion of this life which I have chosen to make accessible to you. Or if it is simpler, just give me a jingle and we can shoot the breeze. Either way, forget about the time, what productivity means or anything that might be pressing and get lost in some thought and imagination.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I come from a small town north of Seattle, WA, where I learned that rain is a magical thing because it turns things green. I have had the chance to go a few places and see a few things of which all I have are pictures, memories and stories. I am currently living and learning about Los Angeles, California, and what it means to be an Angelino.

ARCHIVES
April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / July 2009 / November 2009 / January 2010 / March 2010 / April 2011 / August 2011 / October 2011 / January 2012 /


Powered by Blogger